Monday 23 March 2015

Brake Master Cylinder

Limited progress in the last couple of weeks, but I have completed the brake pipes and installed the brake servo & master cylinder, temporarily, in order to test the brake pipe fittings, that also includes putting the pedal box in. Installing the master cylinder was more trouble than I expected, I thought I'd put the servo in first and then bolt on the master, but there's not enough wiggle room to get the master over the studs. So I ended up installing the servo and master as one unit. My master cylinder brake pipe unions are on the far side, some others I've seen have been on the bottom, I believe this is the difference between the ABS unit and the non-ABS. I put some in line connectors below the master cylinder and will secure to the bulkhead to allow me to disconnect the whole assembly if I need to in future and, of course, to get the body off again. The other job I tackled was to paint the base fiberglass on the inside of the engine bay with POR15 to give it a better finish - essential if you have the stainless steel paneling in the engine bay. 
Brake Master Cylinder

No comments:

Post a Comment